Tuesday, June 21, 2005

My Latest Run-In with the Cops

I work for people who have developmental disabilities. Not by that I don't mean that my bosses are developmentally disabled, but that I'm paid to assist people who have them. Anyways, I got out of work at 8 in the morning and I was very tired. I was concerned if I started driving, I might doze off and wreck havoc, so I decided that I'd take a short nap before going to back to work a little bit later. Half an hour later, I got a knock on my car door. Two cops were standing there. They asked what I was doing. I said I was sleeping. They asked if I lived in the apartment complex where my car was parked, and I said no. And I explained what my job was. They said that I was on private property and I wasn't allowed to sleep in my car there. They said someone called and said that I had vandalized the fence that my car was parked next to. I told them that person was lying. They asked me to get out of the car. I did. They asked for my driver's license. I gave it to them. They asked me if my car was a police car. I said it used to be. They asked how I got it. I thought of sarcastically saying that I stole it, but instead said that I bought it from someone. They asked if I had gotten any tickets. I said that I got a speeding ticket a few years ago. They asked if I paid it. I said that I had. They asked what my plans were for the day. I said that I was picking up a customer at 9:30. They said that they thought I should leave to pick him up. And I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home